SILC COVID-19 Resources
Contact: Carrie England, Executive Director, State Independent Living Council (SILC).
The State Independent Living Council (SILC) takes the health and well being of our Council Members, Staff, Partners and Community seriously. If you have concerns about your ability to participate in upcoming SILC related activities and/or meetings, please contact SILC Staff at (916) 263-7905 so we can assist.
As Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) spreads across California and the United States, state and federal officials are clarifying how to best address the needs of older adults and individuals who experience disabilities.
This document is intended to provide resources to assist both individuals and caregivers inform their decision making. Decisions by individuals and caregivers should be determined with consideration of each person’s unique circumstances, and by the specific circumstances in local jurisdictions.
Have A Plan in Place!
photo description: Microscopic view of Coronavirus Disease 2019 with white text over yellow and red banner stating “Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)” and the CDC Logo in blue at the bottom right.
from the CDC– A COVID-19 outbreak could last for a long time in your community. Depending on the severity of the outbreak, public health officials may recommend community actions designed to help keep people healthy, reduce exposures to COVID-19, and slow the spread of the disease. Local public health officials may make recommendations appropriate to your local situation. Creating a household plan can help protect your health and the health of those you care about in the event of an outbreak of COVID-19 in your community. You should base the details of your household plan on the needs and daily routine of your household members.
Visit the CDC web page for more information. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/home/get-your-household-ready-for-COVID-19.html)
For latest alerts and advisories that have been issued related to Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), Please visit:
- California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) (http://www.oesnews.com/california-public-health-experts-mass-gatherings-should-be-postponed-or-canceled-statewide-to-slow-the-spread-of-covid-19/)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/high-risk-complications.html)
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH) (https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx)
- World Health Organization (WHO) (https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance/risk-communication-and-community-engagement)
- Administration on Community Living (ACL) (http://www.advancingstates.org/initiatives/covid-19-resources/federal-guidance-covid-19#CMS)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Servives (CMS) (https://www.cms.gov/About-CMS/Agency-Information/Emergency/EPRO/Current-Emergencies/Current-Emergencies-page)
- Disability Rights California (DRC) (https://www.disabilityrightsca.org/post/announcement-coronavirus-and-how-disability-rights-california-can-help-you)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) (https://www.osha.gov/)
- California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) (http://www.dor.ca.gov)
- California Department of Aging (CDA) (http://www.aging.ca.gov)
- California Department of Social Services (CDSS) (http://www.cdss.ca.gov)
- California Department of Developmental Services (DDS) (https://www.dds.ca.gov/)
The California State Independent Living Council is an independent state agency which, in cooperation with the Independent Living Centers, prepares and monitors the State Plan for Independent Living.
The SILC Mission: To Create Policy and System Change for Independent Living
California State Independent Living Council, 1300 Ethan Way, Suite 110, Sacramento, CA 95825
Download document in Microsoft Word () or Microsoft Rich Text Format ().